빨리오는 삼복 더위, 올해 첫 열대야
We're nearing the end of the monsoon season here in Korea, so at least there'll be a little less rain. But the heat is just beginning.
On the traditional calendar, today marks "Chobok" -- the start of the dog days of summer.
Kim Mok-yeon has more.
Today is known in Korea as 'chobok', the day marking the start of the month-long period of sweltering weather that usually hits Korea between July and August.
[stand up ed: steve]
"When summer comes, many Koreans tend to look for nutritrious foods in order to help them fight the heat and recover their strength.
One popular dish is samgyetang, a soup made with chicken and ginseng."
At this time of year, samgyetang restaurants are crowded with customers who try to overcome the heat by eating hotter, healthier dishes.
"Since its Chobok, I came to strengthen myself with my wife and my mother."
"I heard its a tradition to eat chicken during summer to build up the body so that they wont get ill during winter"
"I think Samgyetang is the best. After I eat Samgyetang, I feel more energetic"
Citizens are trying to beat the heat in the daytime, but high nighttime temperatures also offer no respite.
The Korea Meteological Administration announced that this year's first tropical night hit Seoul on Tuesday, which is ten days earlier than usual.
A 'tropical night' is when the temperature hovers at 25 degrees Celsius or more between 6 p.m. and 9 a.m.
As the world suffers from abnormal weather, with the mercury hovering around 30 degrees, summer season in Korea is expected to be even hotter than normal this year.
Kim Mok-yeon, Arirang News.
Visit ‘Arirang News’ Official Pages
Facebook(NEWS):
Homepage:
Facebook:
Twitter:
Instagram:
We're nearing the end of the monsoon season here in Korea, so at least there'll be a little less rain. But the heat is just beginning.
On the traditional calendar, today marks "Chobok" -- the start of the dog days of summer.
Kim Mok-yeon has more.
Today is known in Korea as 'chobok', the day marking the start of the month-long period of sweltering weather that usually hits Korea between July and August.
[stand up ed: steve]
"When summer comes, many Koreans tend to look for nutritrious foods in order to help them fight the heat and recover their strength.
One popular dish is samgyetang, a soup made with chicken and ginseng."
At this time of year, samgyetang restaurants are crowded with customers who try to overcome the heat by eating hotter, healthier dishes.
"Since its Chobok, I came to strengthen myself with my wife and my mother."
"I heard its a tradition to eat chicken during summer to build up the body so that they wont get ill during winter"
"I think Samgyetang is the best. After I eat Samgyetang, I feel more energetic"
Citizens are trying to beat the heat in the daytime, but high nighttime temperatures also offer no respite.
The Korea Meteological Administration announced that this year's first tropical night hit Seoul on Tuesday, which is ten days earlier than usual.
A 'tropical night' is when the temperature hovers at 25 degrees Celsius or more between 6 p.m. and 9 a.m.
As the world suffers from abnormal weather, with the mercury hovering around 30 degrees, summer season in Korea is expected to be even hotter than normal this year.
Kim Mok-yeon, Arirang News.
Visit ‘Arirang News’ Official Pages
Facebook(NEWS):
Homepage:
Facebook:
Twitter:
Instagram:

Comments
Post a Comment